“Let me sum up” – to have fun playing Pokémon TCG all day:
- All players must register online on their own computer or device.
- Registered players must check in with staff using their PlayerID at the venue.
- Masters must pay in bulk or cash on site, before check-in.
- Deck lists collected from all players at 9AM player meeting.
Time and Date
Saturday March 21
- 8:00am-8:45am check in
- Swiss Rounds 9:15 am – 9:30 pm
- All divisions qualifying for Top 8 will play Top 8 on Sunday at noon
- Divisions that only qualify for Top 2 or Top 4 will play Saturday.
- All Divisions – Play for a State Championship Dice Round 3
- MA Division – If we have a Round 9, play for a pack!
Side Events Start Rounds (see below for prizing details)
- Round 3 – Play for a Mega Gardevoir mat (1st), hat or deckbox (2nd) or other prizes (T4)
- Round 6 – League Challenge for points and other mats begins (limit 64 total players)
Sunday March 22
- Top 8 for all qualifying divisions (noon)
- Streamed online
136 South San Gabriel BLVD
San Gabriel, CA 91776
Subject to change without notice
|7:00 AM||Staff in hall|
|8:00 AM||Doors Open – Check-in|
|8:45 AM||Rosters & Player Meeting|
|9:15 AM||Round 1|
|10:30 AM||Round 2|
|11:45 AM||Round 3 – Play for a Dice|
|1:30 PM||Round 4 – Side Events Begin|
|2:45 PM||Round 5|
|4:00 PM||Round 6 – League Challenge|
|5:15 PM||Round 7 – Buy Yourself A Snack|
|6:45 PM||Round 8|
|8:00 PM||Round 9 – MA Play for a Pack|
|9:15 PM||Swiss Rounds Conclude|
All divisions requiring Top 8 report at noon – play begins after deck fixes at 12:30pm
How To Participate
- Find your Player ID or get one online.
- Register online – now or on a friend’s phone at the event. Only then can you check-in.
- Create a 60 card standard format deck – with no marks on cards or sleeves (if used).
- Legibly fill out a deck list – make sure it is accurate and complete.
- Give your Player ID to the check-in team between 8:00am & 8:45am 3/21/15.
- Masters purchase your wristband with bulk Pokémon Cards or $15 cash.
- Bring your deck list (and for Masters, wear your wristband) and sit at your posted roster number in the player meeting.
For California State Championship, Masters don’t have to pay $15 in cash. We have bulk Pokémon Card payment options! Here are your choices:
- 300 commons/uncommons (no trainers) -or-
- 250 reverse commons/uncommons (no trainers) -or-
- 150 rares/foil rares -or-
- 100 Holo rares
Trading Card Championship Prizes
Prizes are awarded to the top players in each of three age divisions.
All participants will receive 3 Play! Points and a Pokémon SPC promo card (while supplies last) just for playing! Top finishers will receive Championship Points as detailed on the 2015 Championship Points chart.
The winner of each division will receive a first-round bye at the US or Canadian National Championships.
The top 4 finishers in each division will receive a Pokémon TCG State/Province Championships trophy, Pokémon character cap and deck box.
The top 8 finishers in the Junior and Senior Divisions will receive booster packs from the most current Pokémon TCG expansion as follows:
1st & 2nd: 36 boosters
3rd & 4th: 18 boosters
5th–8th: 9 boosters
The top16 finishers in the Masters Division will receive booster packs from the most current Pokémon TCG expansion as follows:
1st & 2nd: 108 boosters
3rd & 4th: 36 boosters
5th–8th: 18 boosters
9th–16th: 9 boosters
The top 8 (or 16) finishers in the Masters Division will receive gift cards from the organizer in the following amounts:
CA TCG States MA Gift Cards
|Finish||Up to 226 Masters||More than 226 Masters|
8 Person Play for a Mega Gardevoir Mat
Standard Format, single elimination, deck list required – everyone who wins a game gets a prize!
- 1st Mega Gardevoir Mat – the only way to get this mat!
- 2nd Cap or Deck Box
- 3rd/4th – pull from prize box (Pack, Play! Pokémon Energy or EX)
- $5 these start round 4 every time we get 8 players to sign up and run til we’re out of prizes
- Championship Points
- Special Winner Promos for T4 in each division
- Random awesome play mats at least for Top 8 in divisions of 16 or more
- Starts in round 6
- $5 – limit 64 players total
- 1 – Worlds 2013 play mat!
- 4 – Three play mat prize packs (3 different mats from among Scrafty, XY, 2nd City Gym Earthquake, Groudon/Kyogre)!
- 2 – Eevee Charm and Mewtwo Tumbler or Fennekin Hat prize packs!
- 1 – Box of Primal Clash
- 3 – Running Pikachu Plush
- 4 – Three deck box prize packs!