Only 52 seats guaranteed each location, Purchase tickets online at secondcitygym.eventbrite.com to guarantee your seat. Remaining seats available on site, if any, will be cash only.
Get more packs at our events! In addition to the standard Prerelease – play 3 rounds with 6 packs of the new set, get 2 more packs when you return your borrowed energy for a total of 8 packs with your admission – we have more ways for you to get packs!
- Random Goodness. Every round we give away 3 packs of the new set!
- Trade your Code Cards. Give us 8 code cards from the new set and get a pack from a recent set! You really should be playing PTCGO, but if you don’t we’ll make the trade.
- Support the store Raffle. Save your receipts from purchases during the event; print your name on the back and give them to our scorekeeper; for every $5 you personally spend with the store and document with a receipt, you get an entry in a raffle to win 6 packs of a recent set! Drawing at start of round 3.
Sat Oct 24th, 6pm – MTG Deals, San Gabriel
136 South San Gabriel Boulevard, San Gabriel, CA 91776
Limited seating; buy tickets online to guarantee seating. On-site tickets not guaranteed and cash only. This store pays cash for bulk Pokemon cards, so if you want to pay for the event with cards, you can contact the store the determine their current price and terms for bulk.
Sun Oct 25th, 2pm – All Ways Gaming, Chatsworth
21032 Devonshire Street, Chatsworth, CA 91311
Limited seating; buy tickets online to guarantee seating. On-site tickets not guaranteed and cash only.
How to Participate
Prereleases are entry level events with the goal of having fun with the new set and practicing for competitive tournament play. You can learn more at our prerelease format page, but here are the basics.
- Purchase tickets online to guarantee a seat, or line up for space available at the venue for your event within 30 minutes after the listed start time (pay $30 cash only).
- We give you 6 packs (and loan you energy) to play 3 four-prize games with a 40 card deck.
- Return the energy and collect 2 more packs!
Pokémon TCG: XY—BREAKthrough – new type of Evolution
An amazing discovery has been made in the Pokémon TCG! Pokémon BREAK Evolution opens a new path to power that builds on a Pokémon’s existing strengths and creates all-new battling options! These new Pokémon BREAK come from twin worlds, home to Zoroark BREAK, Mega Mewtwo X, and Mega Mewtwo Y. One world of technology, one world of nature, and all the wonders of BREAK Evolution are yours to explore in the Pokémon TCG: XY—BREAKthrough expansion!.
How to play a BREAK Evolution Card
When you play a BREAK evolution card, place it horizontally over the upper half of the underlying stage. The evolved BREAK Pokémon retains the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of its previous Evolution.
The Pokémon TCG: XY—BREAKthrough expansion includes:
- Over 160 cards
- 6 new Pokémon BREAK featuring a brand-new game mechanic
- 8 new Pokémon-EX, including 4 Mega Evolution Pokémon