Come and Play!
- Two Day Event!
- Saturday April 9 – TCG Championship Swiss Rounds
- Standard format
- Sunday April 10th.
- TCG Championship T32 Swiss per attendance
- TCG Championship Top 8s all divisions
- Video Game Mid Season Showdown, Sunday April 10th
- TCG League Challenge, Sunday April 10th
- Saturday April 9 – TCG Championship Swiss Rounds
- Enhanced TCG Placement Prizing
- Great Raffle Prizes – if you print your own deck list and fill it out before the event!
- Regular Ticket or Premium Entry Package
- Play Points and Championship Points
- Enhanced TCG Placement Prizing to Top 32 (SR/JR) or Top 64 (MA)
Two Day Event – Day 2 Swiss!
In addition to the separate Sunday TCG League Challenge and Video Game Midseason Showdown, the TCG State Championship will provide a Day 2 Swiss (T32) for any age division with 227 or more players!
How to Participate
- Get your PlayerID handy (or get a new one)
- Buy your ticket or premium entry package online
- Present your ticket (paper or app) at the door by 8:45 April 9
- Turn in your Standard Deck List in the 9am Players Meeting
Venue: MTG Deals
136 S San Gabriel Blvd
San Gabriel, CA 91776
- Doors open 8am, Saturday April 9th.
- Parking on streets and, per MTGDeals, at nearby Shakey’s lot
- MTGDeals is also the exclusive vendor at this event – they buy your bulk cards & singles, too!
Tickets: Online Only – http://secondcitygym.eventbrite.com
Your Regular or Premium Package ticket for the TCG State Championship is available exclusively online from http://secondcitygym.eventbrite.com. We are doing this because the venue capacity (320) is less than the attendance for this year’s TCG at Regional (436) – we don’t want anyone to show up and be turned away. If you have your ticket, you have a seat.
Premium Package – includes admission, Mega Scizor playmat, 3 packs, bottle of water and fixed table location throughout the event. Fixed location means you will have a special lettered table and your opponent will see your name as, for example: TABLE A – Jose Smythe. You stay at your table throughout the event, and your opponents come to you. Two fixed location opponents paired together will play at the highest ranked players table.
In the unlikely event tickets are available at the door, you will still need to purchase them from Eventbrite.
Deck List: Pre-print or Pre-write For Raffle
Use the Standard Format list provided by Pokemon or the PokeGym Decklist Builder to print your decklist in advance and you may be rewarded! Raffle prize winners will be randomly drawn from these deck lists. You can make a few neat changes to your pre-printed or pre-written list at the event if needed!
Deck lists will be available at the event but those will be marked ineligible for raffle prizes. You can even use notebook paper, but NO decklist that isn’t 8.5×11 paper will be accepted.
Great Raffle Prizes
Watch for our announcements here – Worlds items, playmats, deck boxes and sleeves. Follow our @events2CG twitter or our http://facebook.com/secondcitygym page to stay up to date.
Enhanced TCG Prizing
The top 32 finishers in the Junior and Senior Divisions will receive booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions as follows:
- 1st & 2nd place: 72 boosters
- 3rd & 4th place: 24 boosters
- 5th–8th place: 12 boosters
- 9th–16th place: 6 boosters
- 17th-32nd: 3 boosters (extra prizing by Second City Gym)
The top 64 finishers in the Masters Division will receive booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions as follows:
- 1st & 2nd place: 108 boosters
- 3rd & 4th place: 36 boosters
- 5th–8th place: 18 boosters
- 9th–16th place: 12 boosters (10 from OP & 2 from 2CG)
- 17th-32nd place: 6 boosters (4 from OP & 2 from 2CG)
- 33rd-64th place: 3 boosters (from Second City Gym)
State Championships Points
Between our round 4 play for a deckbox or sleeves and our raffle items given away to players that fill out their decklist in advance, we are blowing out our giveaway items. Here’s a table of the items below – wish I had time to do pictures, but it took a day just to collect and count these!
Remember, decklists provided at the event are not eligible for the giveaway raffles. Check out the online Standard Decklist at PokeGym.Net/decklist or print the one linked in the CA States 2016 topic or even use 8.5×11 notebook paper – just not the one you can get at the event!
|Pika Cosplay Karp/Gyarados||Bag||2|
|2015 Worlds Screen Cleaner||Cloth||3|
|2015 WC Theme||Deck||4|
|Xerneas & Yveltal||Mat||3|
|Mega Charizard XY||Sleeves||15|
|2015 Worlds Competitor YXL||Top||1|
|2015 Worlds Competitor YL||Top||1|
|2015 Worlds Competitor YM||Top||1|
|2014 Worlds Competitor YM||Top||2|
|2014 Worlds Competitor S||Top||1|
|2014 Worlds Competitor M||Top||2|
A fun opportunity for Pokémon video game players to enjoy a major competition, win placement & raffle prizes and earn Championship Points that go toward an invitation to the Pokémon World Championships.
- Register http://labs.pokegym.net/register/16-04-000025
- You need your PlayerID to register
- The link is the only way to register, so do it now or borrow a phone to do it on site
- Check in 1:00-1:45PM
- You need your team sheet to check in
- You need your team in the battle box to check in
- You need $15 cash to check in ($15.50 credit)
- Got clean Pokemon cards lying around? MTGDeals will buy your bulk commons/uncommons and give you cash good for admission. Come early if you want to do that!
Trainers will compete using their own Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire games, as well as their own system in the Nintendo 3DS family. Get complete details on event requirements, rules, and prizes on the Video Game Midseason Showdowns information page.
Top Cut Awards
All Top Cut Players, in every division will receive a 2nd City Gym Power bank AND a cable to connect it to your 3DS.
Placement & Raffle Prizes
Placement and raffle prizes will EXPAND with the size of the age division, so bring a friend!
Raffle prizes are additive – for example a 64 player division will have all 4 raffle prizes. Placement gift certificates also get more valuable as the size of the division increases. The gift certificate will have an MSS logo on the front and congratulations on your level of placement inside.
Play! Points: 3
Best Finish Limit (shared with VGC Regional Championships): 3
Too many ties in Championship Swiss? Try again at our league challenge!
Dozens of TCG raffle prizes! Gift Certificate placement prizes per attendance. Watch http://facebook.com/secondcitygym or @events2cg or this post for detail updates!
- Tournament Name
State League Challenge
April 10, 2016
1:00PM to 1:45PM
7$10 Cash or $10:50 Credit