Purchase Registration Exclusively Online – Right Here!
Click the appropriate link below for the championship you want to play in – TCG or VG.
- NO IN PERSON REGISTRATiON – Sales end when seats sell out or at midnight Mar 2.
- Event seating is 1240 for all games and divisions (200 more than 2017).
- If seats sell out, you can still buy side events tickets after Round 2 Saturday.
- Choose the correct game, registration for wrong championship cannot be corrected only cancelled.
Championship registration includes promo swag bag with Playmat (TCGC mostly) or Hat (VGC mostly) and more! Must be present to receive promo items.
- Main event registration $10 off through January 4, 2018.
- Championship registration regular price $50 Jan 5-Feb 28.
- Championship late registration tickets $60 starting Mar 1.
Player Parent Discount!
Parents playing in the VG/TCG championships can get $10 rebate for each of their own children playing with championship registration. Discount redeemable when the family of championship players visit the prize booth together Saturday after round 2.
Read this important FINE PRINT!
- Championship tickets are non-transferrable.
- ID may be required to play in the event – bring photo ID.
- Name changes not permitted.
- PlayerID change requests will be reported to Organized Play. Fake/Made Up PlayerID registrations will be canceled and a $10 charge applied to the refund. See how to obtain a PlayerID online.
- No refund requests after February 28th. Refunded tickets cannot be designated for specific persons.
- Legal notice to customers: Registration price includes 9% CA & District Sales Tax.
DO NOT BOOK TRAVEL BEFORE PURCHASING REGISTRATION!
Note: Do not book travel before purchasing registration. No in person registration.
2018 Anaheim/Costa Mesa Pokémon Regional Championships
Championship players purchase registration online, which:
- Puts Trading Card players directly into their Round 1 seats for deck list collection and swag distribution.
- Puts Video Game players with turned in team lists and locked battle boxes direction from their line into Round 1 seats for swag distribution.
Register for a fast, fair and fun event and two days of great Pokemon activities.
Note: Do NOT book travel before purchasing registration. NO in-person registration.
Event Time and Place
Saturday and Sunday March 3,4 2018
Costa Mesa Hall
Orange County Fairgrounds
88 Fair Drive
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Looking for lodging? Check this link for an event discount!
- Doors Open 8 am
- Trading Card Championship Players with completed deck lists in Round 1 seats by 8:30 am
- Video Game Players with Battle Boxes ready and completed team sheets by 8:30 am
- Creative Center opens Round 2.
- Side Events open 1:30 pm.
- Doors Open, Championship Players Report 8 am
- Championship Rounds begin 8:30am
- Side Events and creative center begin 9 am
Be ready to complete with details and links for the championship events.
Trading Card Regional Championship
Create an Expanded Format Deck
- 60 Cards – clean and unmarked (or in clean/unmarked sleeves)
- Black and White and later cards (see Expanded Format on this page)
- No Banned Cards
- You will submit an online deck list submission (link coming soon)
For Prizing, Championship Points for all TCG Regionals see the Pokemon Regional Championship Website
Additional raffle prizes round by round (after round 2) with all currently playing championship layers eligible to win. See Raffle Prizes page.
Video Game Regional Championship
Create a VGC18 Standard Team
- Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon 2DS/3DS Game.
- You must update your Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon game to v1.2 in the eshop online before you go to the event. You cannot play without the update and can’t update at the venue, so update at ho
- Alolan-caught Pokemon (see VGC18 Format on this page) with other format restrictions explained at the linked page
- You will completely fill out & check-in with a paper .TEAM LIST
For Prizing, Championship Points for all VG Regionals see the Pokemon Regional Championship Website
Winner in each division to receive Pokeball 2DS XL. Raffle of 2 Solgaleo & Lunala New 3 DS XL with all VGC championship players present entered (after round 2).
Our Awesome Vendors
The following vendors support our event and help give YOU a place to play. Please bring a bit of shopping money, trade stock and all the bulk you can find to get what you want from their goods!
These are the only authorized buyers, sellers and large scale traders allowed at the event. Players and non-players are allowed 1 event-giveaway sized backpack of trade goods; larger packs and rolling luggage will be removed; do not take up more than one seat and the corresponding table space with your things. Persons reported selling, buying or making more than personal amounts of trades will be asked to leave.
Championship Event Raffle Prizes
Players will be randomly chosen each round to win a raffle prize – it will be announced from the microphone during round setup and brought to your seat! Must be present to win.
Video Game Championship
Trading Card Championship
You can earn prizes from the prize wall by competing in side events!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can spectators attend?
A. Not to watch. You cannot enter the play area to watch matches (i.e. spectate). We endeavor to have space to accommodate player rides and immediate family; there is no charge except for parking.
Q. I’m not playing in the championships what can I do?
A. You can visit the creative center and vendors, join a side event read, write, talk while waiting for your player. Non-players may not take up more than one seat or table/floor space, nor enter the play area to observe matches..
Q. Can we bring a bunch of friends or family to cheer our player on?
A. In short, please don’t. We plan to accommodate a percentage of players with rides or immediate family. We will prioritize space for guardians of players under 13. Please do not bring a cheering section or extended family for a player, as you will not be able to observe the match and will displace prioritized guardians and ride-givers.
Q. I’m making money from Pokemon cards by selling them, or engaging in trading to get lots of stock to sell. Is that OK?
A. Our vendors support the event and are the exclusive buyers, sellers and large scale traders at our event. See our vending page for more information. Any trade items must fit in a single event-giveaway sized bookbag.
Q. Can I bring a backpack or rolling luggage?
A. No. Rolling luggage and packs larger than an event giveaway backpack are prohibited. If you show up with one you may not be admitted to the hall or may be asked to leave. These larger items are unsafe at events.